How long will my KKAÖ Hair unit last?
- Generally, our KKAÖ Hair lace wigs can last anywhere between 6 months to 2 years depending on the way it is maintained.
- It is important to note that all lace items are very fragile and needs to be handled with care.
- When you receive your KKAÖ Hair unit, wash it with sulfate free shampoo and condition it.
- After conditioning it, allow your wig to hang and fully air dry. You may use a dryer set to ‘low heat’ to dry it more quickly.
- Do your research and bring your KKAÖ Hair unit to a professional lace hairstylist to be installed.
How much maintenance is required for my wig?
- Straight, Body Wave, KKAÖ Wave and Afro BlowDried textures are low maintenance.
- Karibbean Wave, Exotic Curly, Deep Wave and Kyah Curly textures will require more maintenance. These textures should be moisturized and detangled at least once per day.
KKAÖ Curly Hair Tips:
Each morning, put conditioner / moisturizer mixed with water in a spray bottle and saturate your hair with it
Comb and detangle your hair using a wide tooth comb or detangling brush gently from ends to roots
At night, section the hair and sleep in the KKAÖ Hair Lace Wrap with a satin scarf or bonnet over your hair to ensure your hair is kept soft and manageable
Can my KKAÖ Hair be straightened?
- Yes! All KKAÖ Hair wigs can be straightened and styled using heated hair tools. Please note that curly textures will require more effort to be straightened. Though curly hair textures can be straightened, we advise against it.
- Having your hair professional straightened and styled is always advised.
KKAÖ Hair Styling Tip
Apply heat protector spray and serum before straightening and styling to ensure hair does not get damaged in the process
Can my KKAÖ Hair be colored?
- Yes! All of our hair textures can be colored. We recommend consulting with a licensed hairstylist to have your hair professionally lifted (lightened), colored or darkened.
Do I have to do anything special in the morning?
- We advise that you comb your hair every morning.
- Add a pea sized amount of serum to your hair and gently brush or comb your hair from the ends towards the roots.
Do I have to do anything special at night?
- It is strongly advised to sleep in the KKAÖ Hair Lace Wrap with a satin scarf or bonnet over your hair